Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Partnered in a personal injury law firm for approximately 30 years.
18215332

I have an LLC that conducts Estate Sales on site in the

Customer Question

I have an LLC that conducts Estate Sales on site in the property owner's home. An elderly lady had a fall due to her own misstep. Broke her hip. Medicare is paying for her hospital charges but an attorney has been engaged for Pain and Suffering. Is the Homeowner's insurance the primary and am I at risk as well?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

The home owner's liability insurance is primary. Yours is secondary. Unless you or your employees did something that caused the lady to fall, neither you nor your company would be liable to compensate her for her injuries or medical expenses. You should notify your insurance agent and let them handle it. I hope that this answer is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating.