MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Can my car insurance be forced to pay: my car is covered

Customer Question

can my car insurance be forced to pay: my car is covered with fred loya with liability and collision insurance. my daughter , a college student out of town, borrowed my car and had an accident. she was at fault. my insurance refuses to pay for the damages caused and also refuses to pay for damages to my car
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you daughter is not an insured under the policy, then the insurance company can deny coverage to the vehicle because you allowed an uninsured motorist to drive it. You can try to appeal/fight the decision internally within the insurance company. However, typically the car insurance does not cover any and all drivers of the vehicle.

I hope this answer has helped clear things up for you a bit. Please don't forget to rate my response. Thank you!