Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I encountered a trip to the ER resently via our local

Customer Question

I encountered a trip to the ER resently via our local ambulance. That evening one of the EMT's was in "The Brewery " talking with one of the waitresses and asking her questions about me and told her about the incident at my house that morning. The same EMT decided to call my sister and asked how I was doing.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to try to assist you in your legal issue today. It is unclear, however, from your question what remedy, if any, you are looking for. Are you asking about what civil and criminal causes of action you may take against this employee and his employer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't a HIPPA violation
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Based on my knowledge and experience, this would be a violation of HIPPA. I was about to begin my discussion based on HIPAA, however I would like to ask you why you believe this would not constitute a HIPPA violation (i.e., if you have received information from another that may not necessarily be accurate)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well thank you and have a good day
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. I will be opting out of this question so you can have the opportunity to discuss this matter with another attorney. Good luck.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Was there confidential medical information disclosed by the EMT?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you if i require further assistance
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Merely inquiring about your evening or asking if you are ok is not a disclosure of confidential information.