Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I entered a mcdonald's to use the facility. I slipped

Customer Question

Hello, I entered a mcdonald's to use the facility. I slipped and fell on a wet floor. There was a sign up against the wall, not facing out towards the public. I fell in my right side. This happened on 10\29\15. I hurt my shoulder and my knee. The insurance
co. Called me and told me that I had I go to my doctor and they would look at the report to see if they will pay for my medical bills. Is right?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Hi:

My name is ***** ***** criminal defense and personal injury attorney. I would be happy to answer your premises liability question tonight. I do have one question for you before we proceed, what county did this occur in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was in wharton county.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Ok:

To answer your question, the insurance company is doing exactly what it is supposed to. They cannot (nor anyone other than yourself) tell you what doctors you can visit or if you should see doctors. The default is always "if you feel you need to see a doctor, then you should." What the insurance company is doing right now is assessing liability.

This is a "premises liability" case. In order for them to be responsible for your bills and pain and suffering, they must determine that they owed you a legal duty and breached such "duty." Until they determine such duty, you will keep getting the same response from them.

So, to answer your question of 'is this right?' the answer is yes. There are a a few other issues, but this would be the answer to your question