Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Please help me, my Blue Cross Blue shield of Michigan has

Customer Question

Please help me, my Blue Cross Blue shield of Michigan has denied my claim for a 16,000 test that was performed on me ,stating that it was a pre existing condition. I thought the hospital should have gotten a pre approval before performing this very expensive test? This was done in Aug 2013, They are still fighting me for payment of 16,000
Thank you for your advice, I can't seem to get anywhere with either of them. I tried to appeal it myself, but the still denied me. Do I have hope?
Thank you *****
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

You probably signed something at the hospital agreeing that if the insurance would not pay, you would be personally responsible. You might want to seek out an attorney who brings what is called "bad faith" claims against insurance companies that do not pay claims. If you believe you had coverage for the test, that would be one thing you could try. The other thing you could try is negotiating with the hospital on the amount of the bill. If you can demonstrate to the hospital that you do not have the means to pay the bill, they will generally negotiate a lower amount and/or a payment plan.