Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

Question, my daughter was in an accident in her friend car

Customer Question

Question , my daughter was in an accident in her friend car but her friend car wasn't insured ? Now her license are suspended because she has to have this form from the dmv released from the attorney office that is handling the case . I got her the SR-22 insurance but i don't know what to do my daughter is only 18 yrs old in college full time can you tell me what we have to do to get this matter resolved
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the driver and owner of the car are equally liable for the car they are driving. So if she was driving a car without insurance and got into an accident, unless the other party agrees to release her from liability, they will put a hold on her license until payment arrangements are made for the damages. Typically, the attorney is not going to agree to release the license suspension until they have some guarantee of payment though I am afraid and there is nothing legally that can be done about that I am afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you !
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.