Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

If an employee has a fall at work and then it develops into

Customer Question

If an employee has a fall at work and then it develops into a bleed because their prescription blood thinners were too high, is this a valid worker's comp claim? Put another way, anyone else having this fall would not have been injured but because this person's blood thinners were abnormally high (outside of the normal range) this person did.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. If the employee can prove a link between the bleed and the fall then the bleed would absolutely be part of the workers compensation claim. The question is in the ability to prove the causal link. For that, you would likely need the testimony of a medical professional. But assuming you have that or can get it, then there should be no problem obtaining coverage for the bleed. I hope that this answers your question. If I can clarify anything at all just let me know.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.