Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Partnered in a personal injury law firm for approximately 30 years.
18215332

My dad was given Cialis by s urologist in 4-2009. I obtained

Customer Question

My dad was given Cialis by his urologist in 4-2009. I obtained all his medical records including the pharmacy records, 6-7 doctors notes, Saint Anthony hospital pathology results showed he was first diagnosed with Melanoma on 9-2010. He expired on 4-20-2012 with the diagnosis on his death certificate - Metastatic Melanoma with spinal cord compression. Oklahoma has a 2 year discovery law and Davis and Crump have wasted well over a year and just called me this week to say that they were going to put all there Cialis and Levitra cases on "Hold". I have been in the medical field through the hospital and the doctor's office. After I read every doctors note to all the pathology reports and the pharmacy records, I feel that the dates add up and I feel that I have all the documentation for what I would call a " Text book case". Do you have any advise for me and my case against Eli Lilly for my dad who took Cialis?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning. I am sorry for the loss of your husband. Your attorneys should give you a detailed explanation of reasons for their action. That will tell you if there is a reason to continuing to pursue the case through other attorneys. The reason will usually be one of the following: 1) recent jury verdicts in a similar cases have ended in favor of Lilly; 2) the medical evidence in your case doesn't establish the drug as the proximate cause of the cancer through expert testimony; 3) the expense of litigating is beyond the lawyer's ability to continue fighting the case. I found the following OK Cialis case on line. Ask your attorneys if they are also handling that case? If not, you might contact those attorneys about taking over your case.

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/41629-eli-lilly-hit-cialis-melanoma-skin-cancer-lawsuit/

I hope this information is helpful.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

The OK case is: Ryan v. Eli Lilly and Company, Case No. CIV-14-1045-HE, in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this ANSWER is helpful and that you will now enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.