RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 29 years in personal injury
8534270

That's a great answer, one more question about introducing

Customer Question

That's a great answer, one more question about introducing evidence... Does everything have to be presented at the beginning f the trial? I've been having a tough time locating certain records from out of state and I might not be able to secure them for some time. When is it permissible and not permissible to admit late evidence?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You really need to present the evidence during the trial.Sometimes you can keep the record open if the judge agrees here to submit post trial.Remember you have burden of proof here is you are suing so if it is important to get in try to get it in during trial.Also your witness cannot testify from it until it is admitted because it is hearsay until admitted.Another reason to try and get it in during trial.You have right here to subpoena custodian of records here with subpoena duces tecum to bring records you need and then that person can authenticate them as well as business records.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

See item m here for business or medical records exception to hearsay rules.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li_2012/b2011_12/statute/060_000_0000_chapter/060_004_0000_article/060_004_0060_section/060_004_0060_k/

Thanks again and good luck here.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate it is always sincerely ***** *****