MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Jsis

Customer Question

Jsis
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry bout the previous message. The issue I'm having is that I used to go to a gym and suffered two injuries. One is a lower back and other one was where I cut my nerves (happened summer of 2013). I paid for around 6 months but being unable to go the gym because of the injuries. (Have Drs notes for both injuries) when I contacted the gym they showed me something in the contract and said that they cannot refund the money back but give me the months I missed back when I'm healthy. I was on a year deal so they allowed me cancel the contract but refused to refund the money from the month I was hurt back which was around 6 months. I really didn't know what to do since they are telling me that contract states that I agreed to no refunds. I never used the 6 months they offered me because I was really disappointed with them. I always planned on taking legal actions but I'm really busy with school and work. So recently about year ago (2014) they gym the closed. So now I'm not sure what to do. I have 6 months that they never said when it will expire. What do you think I should? I attached the portion of the contract that used to say no refund
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am going to assist you with your question.

Unfortunately, in this situation, there isn't much you can do.

Even if you were to try to sue the gym, just the cost of filing the lawsuit would probably cost you more money than you lost when you paid the 6 months you didn't use. Furthermore, according tot he language in the contract that you signed, you knew that refunds were not an option. Sadly, you do not have a very strong case.

Ultimately this is the type of situation where it would cost you more money and time than it would be worth to go after the gym that closed down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean since the gym closed down does my 6 months expire?

Are there other gyms of the same company still open? Or was that the only one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the only one

Then unfortunately there really is nothing you can do. I'm sorry.

Please don't forget to rate my answer at your earliest convenience.