Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I had an on the job assault from a private citizen in

Customer Question

I had an on the job assault from a private citizen in Alaska. Had fusion c4-c7 TBI and PTSD according to my doctors. Date of injury 09/09/2014, surgery 10 days later. Woke up on ground completely paralyzed. Been seeing surgeon, neuro physiatrist, psychiatrist and therapist.I also have lost my memory completely from assault till after surgery.
Was controverted this week with 5% ppi rating, with no brain injury. I am still having issues with headaches, terrible neck and back pain. Balance still a little off, and can't handle bright lights, loud noises, and large crowds. There are more issues but that's a good start.
My question is this, is 5% ppi enough, I feel it's low since surgeon said I can't return to my job. I'm 56 years old and been in heavy construction over 30 years.
The other thing is PTSD, my doctors say I am suffering from it and ime doctors said no I'm not, event wasn't traumatic enough for PTSD. Let them lie there not being able to move.
I just thought of another problem. My brain doctor sent me to a psych person for an 8 hour test. The problem with this doctors testing and ime psych test was this. My wife had left me and I was drinking heavily and didn't care about life. So my doctor said these tests were invalid since I was not trying. The ime test I had a pretty good hangover going on. So much has happened and I still hurt.
Thank you for your time
Submitted: 1 year ago via LegalInfo.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

What exactly is your question? Do you want to file a personal injury claim? Do you want info regarding this?

Are you there?