Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.
18572087

I am currently waiting this week. If this should land in

Customer Question

I am currently waiting for surgery this week. If this should land in court would it go
against me if the doctor at fault prescribed over phone ( actually a nurse) a prescription for bladder infection. Would it be considered that I went back to him even tho he had harmed me with lengthy time of misdiagnosis of a severed achillis tendon and I need
Med for bladder infection now?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

It won't go against you if you were in an emergency situation, but it would be far better to go to someone else. Ultimately if you are accusing someone of medical malpractice and harm, it would then not make sense for you to go see them for similar or other treatment, because it would go against your own claim. A 'reasonable' person generally would not go to someone they find to be incompetent or dangerous absent having an another choice. In that sense I would urge you to find someone else, and only if you are unable to find someone after pursuing many reasonable efforts would it make sense to go back to this doctor.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.