Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My son was involved in a auto Accident that took the life of

Customer Question

My son was involved in a auto Accident that took the life of a friend, his friend died in my son's arms while trapped in a car in 100 degree heat for over an hour.. Kaiser saw my son with extreme delay for bodily injury issues ! They mixed up his appt. with mine as we have the same name, he being the III rd and me a Jr. I never had an appt but even though we had the same Prim Care Physician, they still refused to see him....additionally, after Kaiser Mental diagnosed him PTSD and medicated him due to same accident he tried unsuccessfully two times to see his psych Dr. To change his meds on Aug. 27 th at 1:30 pm just a Nurse, no Dr. again at 3:30 pm same day to discuss a RX change and again NO Dr... At 6:30 pm on my house phone a Dr left a message and stated I' ll see you next week... There is more to this but as of 2 days later on Aug. 29 th my son expired due to anti depressants and alcohol. My issue is the way Kaiser treated my son from the time of the auto accident June 24 to Aug 27 th. HELP with advice please
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

at this point what outcome are you seeking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I along with my wife would like to see someone within Kaiser put into the hot seat ! Kaiser refused to see my son during the bodily injury process and mistreated him in their mental health division as well, he was looking for help especially with the trauma of his friend nearly being decapitated in the accident and my son was trapped in the vehicle with the fatality in his arms with no relief for over an hour...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kaiser Dr did not see him on two occasions in the same day just two days prior to his death... He needed help and was let down
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.