Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

Can I sue a psychiatrist prescribing meds according to how

Customer Question

Can I sue a psychiatrist for not prescribing meds according to how he is supposed to prescribe them (leading to my own personal damage)?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

What you are talking about is a suit for medical malpractice. You will have to prove that the physician did not meet the standard of care and caused you damage. The standard of care is how a physician with a similar specialty would act in a similar circumstance. Here it would be very difficult to prove that medical malpractice is present by simply not prescribing medications. Normally medications are only part of the equation of treatment as therapy and other types are sometimes used as well. If the normal standard of care is to prescribe medications in your circumstance then you may have grounds to file a suit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Any chance for a positive rating?