Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.
17897874

My husband was involved in a car accident, not of s fault.

Customer Question

My husband was involved in a car accident, not of his fault. Their insurance sent us a check for the medical bills made out to me and my husband. Do I have to pay the medical bills with this check since it was not made out to them or not? Secondly is it legal to tell the medical people to use our medical insurance so we can keep all the check?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You can use the check however you wish, but you will still owe the medical providers for their services.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

With regard to your health insurance, they will not pay if another insurance company already paid out for the medical bills.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.