Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

I was hurt badly while in the hospital in florida. large

Customer Question

I was hurt badly while in the hospital in florida. large bedsores all over my body which took over a year to partially heal, and throat and vocal chord damage. what can I do ?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only

Under FL law, you have 2 years from the date this took place to sue for malpractice. In FL a malpractice claim is started by sending a notice of intent to sue for malpractice to the defendant hospital. Under FL law, notice of intent to initiate medical malpractice litigation must include a verified written medical expert opinion corroborating that there are reasonable grounds to believe that each named defendant was negligent. Fla. Stat. Ann. § 766.203.

So under FL law, before an attorney would take your case, you must have a medical expert write the report that states the hospital acted below the reasonable standard of care and was thus negligent in causing you to suffer the bed sores and resulting conditions. Once you have such a report, then you can bring the information to a local medical malpractice attorney to pursue on your behalf.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all is useless info, stuff I know already! I want my money back!

Thank you for your reply. Forgive me for not knowing what you know already, since you did not tell me what you already knew and if you had it would have saved me my time in bothering to give you that information.

But, perhaps to be more productive, if you could tell us specifically what you do not already know so that we could try to provide you information you can use, then we could provide you better information.