P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I slipped on ice winter before last. I went to an urgent

Customer Question

Hi I slipped on ice winter before last. I went to an urgent care clinic then an ER because they Doc said my shoulder was dislocated (without xray) the doc attempted to put my shoulder back in place. It did not work. He was then very very nervous and sent me to the ER who in turn did the same thing once they realized it was not going back into place they finally took an Xray. The ball in my shoulder was fractured needless to say I was put into more pain. I now have both facilities expecting me to PAY them! What should I do?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry, not sure I understand the question...are you asking if the both the ER and the doctor can bill for their services?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid the urgent care doc that then sent me to the ER the ER did not take an Xray they attempted to put the shoulder back in place. When that did not work THEN they took an Xray and said I should go to a an orthopedic. I refused to pay the ER and they have since turned it over to collection. Should I be held responsible for what they did and did not do?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ahh...thank you. ***** understand.

If the ER provided you treatment? They can bill you for the treatment provided.

Now...if you believe they did not provide the treatment they billed you for? Or that the treatment was not properly provided? You could dispute the claim. You can refuse to pay the bill...but if the collections agency sues you, and if the can prove that the ER provided you treatment, the court will order you pay the bill.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'm not explaining clearly. BOTH facilities attempted to put a fractured should back in place with out xray. Both treated it as a dislocated shoulder and it was not dislocated it was fractured had they xrayed begin with they would have known. Now on your pay I have legal shield and will use them since answering the question seems irrelevant.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

THank you and sorry for the confusion.

As I mentioned, if treatment was not properly provided, you could use that as a basis to refuse to pay. IF you wind up in court, and you can show that they did not provide the treatment properly (for example, they tried to treat dislocation and it was a fracture) that would be a basis to avoid payment.