Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

I am trying to get loss wages from insurance company from a

Customer Question

I am trying to get loss wages from insurance company from a car accident, but they kept on refusing and ask for more documents. I am self-employed and not sure what else to provide to them.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other documentation can I provide to the insurance company. So far, I have provided a list of dates and hours that I can't work. I also provided a doctor's note. I am a psychologist and can't really provide my patients information to them.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Normally when I deal with lost wages, the last 5 years of tax returns are used along with your w-2. This should be sufficient to prove your amount of average wages and used as an average to figure out lost wages for a certain amount of time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my time. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a w-2. I don't want the insurance company to have my tax returns. What other documentation can I provide?

There isn't much else you can do to satisfy the insurance company, you can put a protective order in place that will keep your information private and either be returned or destroyed after the case has been concluded. The insurance company needs to ascertain your damages and this information is necessary to do so. I am on the defense side and we always request past tax returns to ascertain this. The protective order should cover your private information.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

I see you have reviewed my answer, please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Any chance for a positive rating?