Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

Important to note: The accident was in state, we live in

Customer Question

Important to note: The accident was in Washington state, we live in Oregon state. My husband and I were in an auto accident in July of 2014. We were driving straight on a steady green (witnesses supported this, driver of other car was ticketed) when a
pick-up truck ran a red. We struck them in the rear wheel well on our side. His insurance has just now reached out to settle. They just offered him $5,000 and me $2,500 which is laughable (doesn't even cover my time loss from work). We asked what the totals
were on our medical claims and what the other driver's insurance limits are and the adjuster refused to answer that question. What information do we have a legal right to know/see?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about your accident and hope you are okay. To address your question, this is the point in time you hire a lawyer. The insurance company is trying to jerk you around and without a lawyer your claims simply are not going to be taken seriously. The insurance company is under no legal obligation to reveal their insured's policy limits at this point in time. If you file a lawsuit, though, (not something you can realistically do on your own as it is far too complicated) you can obtain this information through the discovery process in litigation. The amount of your medical bills is not something you need to ask the adverse drivers insurance company for. You should have copies of all yor records, bills, and liens and this amount should be calculatable on your own. Your attorney will be able to give you his number after getting all your records. It is very important to know your liabilities as the insurance xolony is under no legal obligation to be you an accurate total or investigate for possible liens on your recovery. Again, at this point you really need a lawyer. See here to locate one in your area: http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/personal-injury-plaintiff/Washington. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can clarify anything and good luck.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.