Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I was in a accident last year my insurance is taking care of

Customer Question

i was in a accident last year my insurance is taking care of everything for the most part but i got a subpoena and the insurance that i would have to go on my own since its a civil matter
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

What is the subpoena for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it shows injury under my name and address when we fax the info over to progressive they said it was for me to show up in court to be his witness
which doesn't make sense to me i was made aware that his licence was suspended at the time of the accident but
renewed it the same day
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Are you being sued or are you being called as a witness in another case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
according to the insurance company im being called in as a witness
the insurance refused to pay him anything knowing he was not injury
in the accident but i did the term injury on the subpoena
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you are not a party, then your insurance company doesn't likely have to send a lawyer with you to appear. The insurance company must only provide a lawyer to defend you in a lawsuit........so if you're not the party defendant, then you would be on your own.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im guessing and last question ill need a lawyer to go in there for me on 9/28 to represent me in court b/c I'm really not wanting to see the person i was in the accident with in a court in the 1st place
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you received a subpoena, you have to appear......no one can go for you. However, you certainly have the right to bring a lawyer with you......but you'll still have to go.