Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

In the state of Ohio during a car accident is the persons at

Customer Question

In the state of Ohio during a car accident is the persons at fault responsible for all expenses including deductible or is the victim responsible to pay a deductible to their own insurance policy?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. In the state of Ohio, the person who is at fault must pay all expenses to the other side. If the victim chooses to go through their own insurance, then they must pay the deductible, and then can recover that deductible from the responsible party or that persons insurance company.

If you were injured in the accident, you should consider getting an attorney to best assist you. They will make sure that you receive proper compensation for all of the economic and non-economic damage you have suffered.

If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

I wanted to write to check up to see if you had any additional questions or concerns concerning your question. If you do have additional questions or need additional clarification please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember that I do not know what you may already know or with that you need help with unless you tell me. If you have not provided a positive rating because you would like a different expert to answer your question, please ask and I will opt out of the question so that another expert may answer. If, however, you found the information helpful to you, please do not forget to provide me with a positive rating by clicking on one of the happy faces, or I will not receive any credit for my time in trying to assist you. Please keep in mind that even after a rating has been issued you can continue to ask questions related to the original post and I will be happy to answer them. If for some reason the rating feature is not working or you cannot find it, please write me back and let me know. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law as it applies to your case. Have a wonderful rest of your day.