Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

MAVERICK. Does 2034.210 require me to provide all witnesses

Customer Question

THIS IS FOR MAVERICK. Does 2034.210 require me to provide all witnesses or just expert witnesses? So, I don't have to provide eye witnesses such as the defendant driver?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Not under 2034.210 as that applies to only expert witnesses. The eye witness such as the defendant driver would need to be disclosed in accordance with the pre-trial conference order that lists a witness disclosure deadline or as per the discovery requests.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Can I amend my Expert Witness list later? What is the final deadline to amend my Expert Witness list under 2034.210?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

2034.230. (a) A demand for an exchange of information concerning expert trial witnesses shall be in writing and shall identify, below the title of the case, the party making the demand. The demand shall state that it is being made under this chapter.

(b) The demand shall specify the date for the exchange of lists of expert trial witnesses, expert witness declarations, and any demanded production of writings. The specified date of exchange shall be 50 days before the initial trial date, or 20 days after service of the demand, whichever is closer to the trial date, unless the court, on motion and a showing of good cause, orders an earlier or later date of exchange.

You can make changes to your original expert witness list by making a SUPPLEMENTAL disclosure within the time frame under (b) above. I would not file an AMENDED list.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I send my response to this Demand, do I have to include "Verification"?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=ccp&group=02001-03000&file=2***-***-****.310

None of the laws at the link above appear to require your response to be verified for the treating physician's disclosure.