Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

I had an accident it will be two years ago next month Oct 4.

Customer Question

i had an accident it will be two years ago next month Oct 4. i am not settle with the insurance company yet.due to the up coming surgery due to my injury from the accident.
to protect my status of limitation what should i do?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

An individual in your circumstance absolutely must file a lawsuit in order to preserve your rights. Statutes of limitation are rigid and unforgiving, and the fact you have medical issues or have been getting the run a round from the insurance company will not be considered adequate excuses for an extension.

Therefore, you should start trying to find a lawyer TODAY. Most personal injury lawyers handle their cases on a pure contingency fee basis. If you don't know, a contingency fee arrangement is one in which the attorney receives a portion of the client's settlement or award as his payment, typically 1/3 of the total amount. If there is no recovery, the attorney does not get paid. The client never pays until the settlement or award is obtained (except perhaps to cover the filing costs for his claim).

See here to locate a lawyer in your area who can help.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.