Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

I filed a complaint in Superior Court, AZ and have since

Customer Question

I filed a complaint in Superior Court, AZ and have since discovered more information and would like to ask for additional compensation. I have not heard from the defendant. How could I add to the complaint I already have in court?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your complaint has not been answered yet, then you have a right to file an amended complaint. You do so by writing up your new amended complaint. You title your new document, First Amended Complaint, and you file it with the clerk of court. You then have to serve the other party again with a copy of the amended complaint and a new summons to answer the amended complaint and you have to serve them with a professional process server.