Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

Is there a time limit to object to or limit the Demand? In

Customer Question

Hi, Is there a time limit to object to or limit the Demand for IME? In other words, If demand for IME is served on July 30 for Sept 16, am I within the time to put limitations on the IME?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. Yes, there is a time limit of 20 days to submit a response refusing to submit to the IME. (See C.C.P. §2032.230) Unfortunately, if a party fails to submit a response within 20 days, they waive their right to object to the IME and can be held in contempt of court for refusing to cooperate. See here for more information: http://resolvingdiscoverydisputes.wp.lexblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/324/2013/05/CCP-Section-2032.2401.pdf

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.