Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was in the casino when the employee( floor man) grabbed my

Customer Question

I was in the casino when the employee( floor man) grabbed my left wrist causing pain to my left wrist and shoulder. the casino paid for my medical bill only. but they refused to pay me for my pain and suffering, and punitive damages. I'm asking for $ 8,500
when they paid me for my medical bill the told me I signed a release saying I'm releasing all liability. I put on the paper medical bill only payment. can I still sue????
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. If the release is signed, then one cannot sue. That is the point - they are making an offer in exchange for you dropping your right to sue the casino. I am very sorry.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.