Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I'm not being sued yet, but was in an accident on Mon 8/24.

Customer Question

I'm not being sued yet, but was in an accident on Mon 8/24. blacked out behind the wheel and stuck two cars, one had an occupant who is still hospitalized to my knowledge.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

I understand that you haven't been sued, but have you been charged with any crimes as a result of the accident?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not, I was questioned by the police after my release from hospital @ the station, they asked for my cell phone, which I turned over. They returned it today, no comment.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks. If you are not facing any criminal charges, that helps immensely in terms of what you have to deal with. In that case, all you really need to do is put your insurance company on notice of the accident and have them assign a claim to you and just see what the other party does. It may be that nothing happens, and it may be that the other party sues.....and if that occurs, your insurance company will provide you with a defense attorney to represent you. Also, any settlement reached or verdict would be covered by the policy (up to the limits of the policy).