Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.
18572087

I was involved in a small car accident. the woman admitted

Customer Question

I was involved in a small car accident. the woman admitted fault and gave me her insurance info. I have never been in an accident before so it didnt occur to me to file a police report. she is not responding to her insurance company so my claim in on hold. is there anything I can do without a police report to get her or her insurance to cover the cost of damage?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, how long ago did this accident take place? As far as your options, may I also ask as to the size of your claim--how much are you demanding to cover your losses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happened July 24th. I would estimate the damage being 2500. The person has State Farm insurance just not responding to the agent to proceed with the claim

Ultimately your next step is to contact YOUR insurance and push your insurance, via 'subrogation', to cover your injuries and then pursue the insurer to pay them back for the funds that they utilized. If you do not wish to do that, you can simply let the woman know that if she won't reply by a certain point, you will pursue other options. Those options include filing against her via small claims court for the cost of your damages. Since the amount here is small enough, small claims will cover it, and you can also sue for the filing fees if you end up prevailing. You cannot make her get involved with her insurer, but you can sue her over your damages. Small claims permit you to self-represent, which means that you do not need to resort to hiring an attorney.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.