Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

I hurt myself at work I can walk around how much money can I

Customer Question

I hurt myself at work I can walk around how much money can I make I did sprained my ankle
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

What state are you from? Are you looking at personal injury or workman's comp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm from New York Actually I'm out of work right now I'm having workers comp but I want to probably sue the company for my injury it happened in work i'm in pain actually. I do have to stay off my foot

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If you file a claim with the Workers' Compensation Board and receive worker's compensation you cannot sue your employer, but you may have a potential lawsuit for your personal injuries against a third party. If there was a third party (such as a co-worker or the maker of faulty equipment) who acted negligently causing or contributing to your injuries. If so, the third party may be required to provide you with monetary compensation for your pain and suffering associated with those injuries, but you cannot sue your employer outside of worker's compensation. Though you may have been on the job at the time of the accident, you are not solely confined to workers' compensation benefits. In order to determine if there is a potential lawsuit against a third party, you should immediately consult with an attorney. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my work.

(There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic).

I see you have reviewed my answer, please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.
Is there anything I can do for a positive rating?
Do you need help with the rating system? We answer these questions with the expectation that our work will be compensated by the site. Without your positive rating that won't happen, so if you could take the extra step and help me out, I would appreciate it. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.