Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

Cvs pharmacy in dc gave me the wrong medication today. Dr wrote

Customer Question

Cvs pharmacy in dc gave me the wrong medication today. Dr wrote prescription for hydrocodone but they gave me oxycodone which i cant tske because it makes me vomit and discombobulates me. After waiting gor prescription to be filled they charged me $33.00 at which time i told them that was a mistake because i never pay for medecine. They told me my insurance wouldnt cover it so i just paid. I asked pharmacist for the denial sheet and she gav3 it to me and i left. Once i got home i took 1 pill and about half hour later my stomach was upset and started to vomit. I looked at the bottle and saw they indeed gave me oxycodone instead of hydrcodone they told me to bring the medecine back and th3y would regund my money and give me the correct medication.bi did make copies of the original wrong medec8ne what should i do? I feel horrible
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Pharmacies and pharmacists owe patients a duty of care. When that duty is breached and that breach causes harm to the patient, a pharmacy is liable for damages, meaning the pharmacy and pharmacist have to compensate the patient and/or the patient’s family for the resulting injuries. If you suffered from 24-48 hours of vomiting, headaches, nausea, sleeplessness, diarrhea or any combination of these symptoms you could have damages. You will need to retain a lawyer who will need to investigate your claim, the situation, and the improper filling of your prescription, and your damages. The law allows for people who have been injured due to pharmacy negligence and medication errors to file a personal injury lawsuit. In these cases, you are allowed to recover compensation for damages in these categories:(1) Medical bills (2) Lost wages (3) Pain and suffering (4) Lost income (5) Impairment(6) Physical injuries Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.