Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

How do I go about filing malpractice?

Customer Question

How do I go about filing for legal malpractice?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. What I can do is provide a general guide on how to file a lawsuit. However, there are so many nuances, that it would be impossible for me to cover them all by this answer.
Would this general guide suffice?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.