Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

Primary Vehicle has full coverage, my backup vehicle didn't

Customer Question

Primary Vehicle has full coverage, my backup vehicle didn't have any coverage. I was involved in my backup vehicle that not covered. Its it possible to use liability from my primary vehicle, to cover damages I caused while driving my backup vehicle that
was not insured.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
You will need to check your insurance agreement on your primary vehicle. If it contains any language that can be construed to cover other vehicles that you own or maintain then this could be possible (this is unlikely). Unfortunately, insurance coverage only covers the vehicle described in the agreement. You pay premiums based on coverage for one vehicle and the insurance company had no expectation that it would be covering additional vehicles not described in the agreement. Under the facts you stated, it would seem that your secondary vehicle would not be insured under your primary vehicle's full coverage unless, like I stated previously, there is language in your insurance agreement that says something to the contrary.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
I see you have reviewed my answer, please let me know if I can do anything further. Please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.