Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Exeperienced Civil Litigator for both Plaintiffs and Defendants
12711280

What is the statute of limitation on an injury to the foot. it happened at home, but th

Customer Question

what is the statute of
limitation on an injury to the foot. it happened at home, but the person claimed it happened on her job & received a $30K settlement
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
What state are you located in or did this occurrence take place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Georgia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person lives & works in Georgia. Accident happened in the home, & person claimed it happened at work.
Good deal. Personal injury causes of action in Georgia must be instituted 2 years from the occurrence of the injury. That said, if the person was injured and committed fraud in reporting where the injury took place, the statute of limitations for a fraud claim would be two years from the date of the discovery of the fraud...in this scenario, two years from the date that it was discovered that the injury took place at home, and not work. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer positively as well. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward with this issue. Thanks