Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Who wants to answer a question about Family Law in Texas?

Customer Question

Who wants to answer a question about Family Law in Texas? The question is this (I will attach the simple decree later) I was divorced 2 weeks ago - it was my wife's 3rd marriage and she has already hooked her 4th victim (She suffers from Borderline Personality
Disorder and left me after 5 weeks)... I moved her to Chicago and incurred a large expense doing so. She knowingly removed her child from Texas illegally without following proper protocol as per law therefore having to return immediately to Texas where she
filed for divorce and filed for a protective order citing she left Chicago because she was being brutally beaten and abused. This is part of the disorder - one lie to cover another lie all to divert the attention or blame away from her. The question is this
- can I file a lawsuit against her in (I guess) small claims court if she has a Protective Order against me AND if the divorce was granted as a "no fault" divorce??
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im going to bed. I will look at answer in the morning but I had thought an atty would be answering the question. No offense meant - im a really nice guy and not rude at all but it was a legal question. Thanks and I will review in the morning.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
So what are you seeking to sue her for outside of the divorce itself? Is she still in Texas and you in Chicago?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just got this and will respond momentarily. Driving at the moment
Take your time it is a Saturday after all. No rush, I will be around in and out.