Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I totaled my pick up truck on 5-14-15. Now the insurance company

Customer Question

I totaled my pick up truck on 5-14-15. Now the insurance company is paying it off with out paying me anything at all. Now the problem they told me that my insurance was canceled on the 8th of May. Do I have a case or not?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What you are saying is a bit confusing. You either had insurance or you didn't. If you didn't, then your insurance company wouldn't pay anything---to you or to the lender.
So, in order to answer your question. I really need to know, was there valid insurance on the day of the accident or not?
Doug