Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

I got into an accident and was rear ended by a tractor

Customer Question

I got into an accident and was rear ended by a tractor trailer, i was not injured where something was broken but I have had back pain, knee, ankle, and calf pain since. I have been afraid to drive after the accident I had a cat scan and mri done and everything
showed no problems. Can I sue the driver who hit me from behind for anything?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I will be answering your question today. Simply put, the answer is yes, although it will be hard to prove your damages without any tangible way to show them. You would probably need to have documentation from your physician of your complaints of pain and you should also get copies of the medical bills from the cat scan and MRI and anything else. I'm not sure how much monetary damages you are looking for but many times the insurance company will settle with you without getting an attorney involved for a small to moderate amount in order to keep from a lawsuit and to limit their exposure. If you have damages and pain and suffering and the other party was at fault, you can either deal with the insurance company yourself or retain and attorney. With an attorney you will most likely have to sign a contingency agreement giving them around 40% of any judgement or settlement in the case (the % will depend on the attorney) but you will also not have to pay any upfront costs. It is up to you to weigh the positives and negatives of each option. Please let me know if I have answered your question fully and if so please positively rate my answer.
I see that you have read my response. Do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer. Thank you!
Just posting this as an answer instead of an info request.
Hello, My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today.
Washington Statute 59.18.060. defines landlord duties as "The landlord will at all times during the tenancy keep the premises fit for human habitation, and shall in particular: (5) Except where the condition is attributable to normal wear and tear, make repairs and arrangements necessary to put and keep the premises in as good condition as it by law or rental agreement should have been, at the commencement of the tenancy" and "7) Maintain all electrical, plumbing, heating, and other facilities and appliances supplied by him in reasonably good working order;"
There does not seem to be any requirement in the WA statutes that would require the landlord to repair appliances based on normal wear and tear. Of course if this was addressed particularly in the lease such as landlord will maintain appliances in top condition and repair all wear and tear on a monthly/yearly etc. basis then the lease language would control.
Please let me know if this answers your question fully and if so please give my answer a positive rating.
I see you have reviewed my answer. Do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.
Any chance for a positive rating?