Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I work large power company in Texas, i drive a company

Customer Question

I work for a large power company in Texas, i drive a company vehicle. Three months ago i was on my way to work and i had a head on collision with another vehicle . The accident report cited the other vehicle as to being at fault and for having no insurance. My company only carries liability insurance for the other person. They do not carry uninsured motorist insurance. My question is, does the company have any legal responsibility to me the employee who was in their company vehicle and on my way to work ?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes, the company is liable under principal-agency theory. It should also be covering under workers compensation and private insurance. If they wont cover, consider a complaint from a local lawyer and civil action if needed. Martindale.com and findlaw.com are both good resource, and counsel can work on contingency so you dont have a down side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have medical insurance and insurance that is paying me short term disability so i'm still reviving my salary. My question is still, Is the company leagally required to provide uninsured insurance on a company vehicle that i'am driving on my way to work ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coverage for uninsured motorist
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!