Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.
18572087

QUESTION}

Customer Question

{QUESTION}
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know if it's possible to get another artorney?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had one BUT, because the opposite party refused to pay, that's what they told me. Not a dime , nor a nickel , not aoenny. But this Dr left my right eye blind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They actually waited 3 years...and b yes I did go to court and yes I have to return on the 22 of next month. I do not want to hide anything from no one. But just hearing this Dr say "I'm not going to pay, my reputation is not going to get ruined", according to ex attorneys....I'm j make mistake writing, I apologize it's my vision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I do not understand, is he cannot ruin his reputation but he can ruin my eye and vision!!..he=Dr ..just in case I didn't specify it. Where is the justice here?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you if I can.
I do apologize but I do not see your actual question and facts--if you could summarize what took place and provide me with a step-by-step explanation, I can more easily understand what options you may still have at this time.
Please advise!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh , I'm sorry, I thought I did explain. Ok, this two facts that took place. 1, I had surgery on my right eye. the doctor while doing the surgery, honestly now I really don't know what really happen! all I know is that this cataract surgery I had, I am blind on that right eye!. Now looking at this the correct way, I have 3 issues , I could be mistaken but I do think they're 3.
This is #1.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay This Is issue #2. I did start a law suit case. Everyone was so happy! Then he went to see them, and the way he talked! I y sounded better than what I said. Of course, he's the DR he knows what he has to say, to get away. First I thought part of the cataract went behind my eye. Then in court j found out also snd no one told me this, that he punctured also my eye and some liquid came out and went on my eye. All I know is that at the end, I was feeling the lens going in!#, I screamed, "I'm feeling it"!!! They knocked me out, we'll the anesthiesialogist did. I was there 3 hours! My own husband had to come into the operating room to see what had happened?..the nurse woke me up. We left but I'm was in so much pain that to no one I wanted to speak. All I was given was a blue plastic hard bag. Tylenol and instructions on how to clean my rye if I needed.!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DR knew that he made a mistake not only in my eye but also on my medical records and the sheet that patients sign in, well, someone signed for me. W h o or whom I do not know. So now I dot a 3rd Dr. There's a 2nd ine, I'm trying to get to the end, well almost end. I hot a be Dr because I did not trust the ones I had. .I've seen him for the past 5 months. On my kast visit he tells me that of I wanted to open my eye, and I cannot see from it, that I should see a prosthesis de, he gave me the address in Manhattan. My family doesn't want me to gave it but it's all up to me. Then I'm surprised by a letter from the lawyers I've gotten that they wanted to be relieved. I didn't even know this could happen. I went to court. The judge heard him and me, but when it came to me, I actually didn't know what to say. So now I have to go back on the 22 July 2015, honestly I really do not know what the judge wants me to bring!...I think it's a letter saying that the new DR write a letter saying how the old dr ruined my eye!, oh dear, on this I hope im right. But the only thing, if I can or may show you the papers, I say, how can a Dr get away and say that he's not going to pay, he does not want his reputation ruined, and me?? I haven't gone out anywhere, well my daughters house and my mothers funeral. But I'm tired of people always asking and strangers looking at my face. My live has become , a hermit is it called? I'm not vain. But I think all women like to look good or at least decent!.. Or am I wrong also here?..because apparently th I s Dr can get away with anything. And honestly after I found out they did this to me, the lawyer that us, I lost trust in them!!...and thank you for answering me. It might be possible to have a plastic surgery, but that's a maybe!!...nothing sure yet except of having having a prosthesis eye!..again I thank you, ***** ***** the time to answer me. No matter what dicision u make, I eill remember always that u did answer me!!.I do need help, I am in despair, this in cannot lie!...now u know about 80% because 100% will take too long!..hope ur holiday was a good one!
Hi and thank you for your patience.
Perhaps it would be easier if you could tell me what it is that you wish to accomplish. I ask because I am still unclear here--I do understand that you had a procedure that was botched, and the doctor ruined your eye (for which I am sorry). But beyond that I am not quite clear on what it is that you are seeking. Please advise!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an attorney !!...didn't I write this? I thought I did. I apologize if I didn't. I really cannot see that we'll since my other eye also has a cataract!...I need someone to help me!..I'm sorry if I make mistakes...like I said I cannot see well, I do try my best.
Like I just said, I need an attorney to continue with or start ur own. If u can do this! I really get confused with the law. Do u think u can help me? Continiest or start
We here cannot represent you off site. While I can help answer your questions, I cannot act as your attorney. Or, if you prefer, I can suggest means by which you can find new counsel to help you. Would that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir....please....I do want u to represent me off sit...I think I understood yhat, or maybe not?.....I do need help wi y h a new lawyer , please. Tha k you so much!...maybe my writing is not too good and for this I apologize. IT'S MY VISION !!..I am Getting So Tired Of This!!!...BUT Not Only Did this DR Ruined My Eye...Hay Made Up Dated I WAS THERE And I Was Not!...apologizes mas up a sheet! That IS didn't even know they kept for so long. You know, the sheers patients sign, saying that they're there or have been there...but 3 years late shown this!!...how dare he! U should see the signatures!....i guess, sometimes, justice is blind....but she also has that part of the band pulled up!!!....
So Please, if u or someone can help me, please do let me know....again I thank u for u our time!
Hi, I am sorry but that is exactly what I cannot do. We CANNOT represent you off-site, I just want to make that clear. If you are seeking counsel please consider browsing the listings at sites such as www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com. There you can search by fees, location, experience, and expertise, and likewise you can try to figure out why your first attorneys chose to withdraw. Hope that helps! Sincerely, ***** *****