Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

What are my next steps. I was overdosed with medications

Customer Question

What are my next steps. I was overdosed with medications when i was less than 36 hours out of a major double surgery december 11th of 2014. as a result I spent the next 4.5 days in the Cardiac ICU. The primary/admitting surgeon told me (at my check up
9 days after surgery) that i was double dosed on my Seroquel because I demanded and was insistent that I be given my Seroquel bc i didnt want them to tweak out my Bipolar. In addition the surgeon then placed orders that i not receive ANY of my bipolar medications.
including the lorazepam that is the answer to escalating anxiety that untreated left me just crying most of that time in ICU. I checked in with my Psych in march and told him what happened. He said they could have caused me seizures with that stop of my medications.
He also agreed with me that the witholding of the lorazepam for my anxiety did amount to a level of emotional torture and was exactly the opposite of what should have occurred. I have made a complaint to the hospital about these things and only got a letter
from head of nursing that none of their staff did anything That Was Not Ordered. Implying that there were at least one order placed by my admitting doctor or the anesthesiologist working with Her. No responses from the anesthesia group nor the surgery group.
That makes me mad and frustrated. What are my options in this matter? I used to just want the hospital bills covered; but every time the doctor told me that I had demanded I be given a medication it made me so upset. And with all that happened? The only thing
I really remember is laying in my darkened room crying and emotionally crushed and crashed and damaged. (darkened bc the bright lights were unsettling and the dim helped me try to calm myself). i am sure the medical records say there was this crazy woman crying
and talking to no one. I talk outloud to my Dad when I am in horrible situations. I feel like he is paying attention from Heaven. I also talk outloud to The Universe...my name for my understanding of my spirituality. Is it Wrong to want the Surgeon to have
to answer for her actions in the way of monetary damages? (i have a copy of my medical record for this stay on a disk. I have not gone through it yet.) oh, and she had a full field for the hernia repair. so why is there a hiatal hernia in my CT scan of my
belly not even a full 4 months later? There was no pre op screening test done. I wanted a CTscan but was told it wasnt necessary. see? it all just compounds and I dont know what to do about each or all of those issues.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.