Best Attorney
Best Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  General Law Attorney with 18 years of experience.
62710668

I had 2 grand mall seizures in a row on Dec. 20th, 2014. My

Customer Question

I had 2 grand mall seizures in a row on Dec. 20th, 2014. My neurologist told me according to AR state law I couldn't drive again for 1 year, even though I take ant-seizure meds. This seizure was brought on my conflicting medicines and I've been through 5 months of not driving. Is there a way I can be a candidate for driving again at the end of 6 months? My husband and I abide by laws, but we're ready for me to drive. I've had no additional signs of medicine conflicts and my doctors work closely with me. Please answer. I thank you in advance. JR
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Best Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is***** an attorney and I'm happy to help!
Arkansas requires that individuals demonstrate that they are competent to operate a motor vehicle prior to having any restrictions removed.
Once the Office of Driver's Services is notified that of potential seizure activity of a driver, and a license is suspended the Office requires a state licensed physician to evaluate the person and report whether the person should be allowed to resume driving privileges. You must present the report which state that you are competent to drive and under a physician's care. (AR ADC 006.05.039 sec. 8-27-16-907).
Typically there is a requirement that there be a seizure free period of at least one year. If you feel that you meet the medical eligibility for reinstatement, you can request an administrative hearing with a Driver Control Hearing Officer if filed timely.
I hope this helps!
-Sande