Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Attorney
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Personal Injury Attorney
34978818

Can I withdraw an accident claim on my truck. The insurance

Customer Question

Can I withdraw an accident claim on my truck. The insurance company wants to total it, but it is driveable.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 2 years ago.
If it is totaled then it is worth about $350 to a junk yard. Ask your insurance to just deduct the salvage value from the fair market value and send you a check for the difference. Your insurance may want to consider this a sale where you give them the title and they get a new title issued "rebranded" as salvage and sell it back to you for the salvage value. This is a better way to go than just withdrawing your claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If they ever return my call I will ask them. Thank you this was very helpful....hope it works, I want my truck back.
I have done this on an old sports car I had. It was no problem. Just ask to settle for FMV less salvage.
If you don't need anything else, please rate my answer.