Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I had a dental procedure done about 15 years ago. The dentist

I had a dental procedure done about 15 years ago. The dentist broke the end of his file in my tooth and covered it with some kind of filling. I discovered it last week by an X-Ray performed because of tooth pain. Has the statute of limitation run its course with this?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : For injuries related to foreign objects, the statute is tolled until the claimant discovers or should have discovered the injury. Ashworth v. Memorial Hosp. of Long Beach, 206 Cal. App. 3d 1046, 254 Cal. Rptr. 104 (1988), rehearing denied, March 23, 1989. - See more at:
Roger : If you were to sue, the dentist is likely to claim that because of the length of time that has passed since the event occurred.
Roger : that you should have discovered the foreign object before now.
Roger : You would have to establish a that you shouldn't have reasonably found out/discovered this before now.