TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer

With minor damage and no personal injury, I left the scene

With minor damage and no personal injury, I left the scene of a car accident yesterday. Now I worry that the other driver will report is as a "hit and run".
Should I go to the police and file a report? I'd prefer to just let it go, but I worry that the other driver will take further steps. thanks for your ideas.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

It is not required to call the police or file a crash report unless the damage to the vehicle exceeded $1,500, or there was an injury. However, you are required to exchange information. If you did exchange information, and the other person reports it as a hit and run, then you can simply show that you have the other drivers information to disprove the claim.

If you did not exchange information, then you need to go ahead and fill out a crash report with the local police to cover your bases.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,