Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.

Hair nightmare

I am wanting to know if it is worth getting a lawyer to represent me against Ulta Salon in Shreveport La. on 09/21/2013 I bleached my hair at home but did not like the results. I called Ulta's Salon and asked for someone that was really good with color corrections because I had messed up my color. The girl on the phone said I can do it can you be here at 145 so I went. She said she was going to put a filler on my hair and the color it again. I figured she knew what she was doing. She left the filler in for 25 min. then rinsed and put a color that was going to be chocolate brown on my hair for 15 min. then she rinsed my hair with really hot water so hot I jerked up and said it was too hot she said oh I have gloves on I cant tell. then she put something else in my hair in the sink rubbed it in rinsed an did that 4 times I finally turned around and looked and it was something bright yellow in my hair and on her gloves. I freaked she rinsed and then dried my hair. It was orange but I didn't care just wanted out of there. I tipped because I'm too nice and in shock went home she charged me 100 dollars. the next day my hair was coming out in giant patches from the scalp. I finally shaved it so it would all be the same because it was so bad. I had to start work at a new job in 2 days. I bought 2 wigs the first one itched too bad. 300 dollars. went to my psychiatrist with panic attacks she gave me meds so I could try to go to job. I went for 4 days and had panic attack at work had to leave for day without pay and go to dr. again. she fixed my medicine again and gave me a dr's note. I returned to work the following Mon. I have photographs and everything. I told my story to the show the Dr's and they begged me to be on it but I chickened out. I spoke with Ulta's manager before hair fell out and got a 50 dollar refund. When I called back days later saying im bald need more money back, they gave me phone number to there insurance co. Gallagher Bassett. I called for 3 days can't get a person. How much money do you think I could get from them if I retain a lawyer or what should I do.

Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Brandon, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Are you online with me today?

Brandon, Esq. :

First, let me say that I am terribly sorry to hear that you are in this situation.

Brandon, Esq. :

In a case like this, you would sue for negligence. In a negligence claim you would be able to recover compensatory damage. Compensatory damage means that you would be able to recover damages to put you back to the place you were before all of this occurred. This entitles you to economic damage (lost wages, medical bills, etc. - any money paid out by you or your insurance) and non-economic damage (pain and suffering, duties under duress, loss of enjoyment)

Brandon, Esq. :

Welcome to the chat

Brandon, Esq. :

So as for a dollar amount, usually it is around 2-3 times your medical bills in a situation like this. Given the therapy bills and panic attacks, it would not be uncommon to get around $5,000 for this type of claim. (more if you can prove severe emotional distress.

Brandon, Esq. :

If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

Brandon, Esq. :

You will want to find a personal injury attorney, which you can do by typing in "lousiana personal injury" into the search bar

Customer:

great thank you

Brandon, Esq. :

then clicking on the town or county in which you live on the left hand side

Brandon, Esq. :

Not a problem. Have I fully answered your question today?

Customer:

well since I'm dealing with the insurance co. now should I just tell them what I want a see what they say before getting an atty

Brandon, Esq. :

That is up to you. Just know that 1) insurance companies are in the business of giving you the least amount possible, and 2) they record everything and anything you say can be used against you.

Brandon, Esq. :

THey will argue that you caused the hair to fall out in your original bleaching

Brandon, Esq. :

they will make it sound like it is your fault

Customer:

ok right, so how much will an atty want for getting 5k

Brandon, Esq. :

an attorney will want to take 1/3rd of your settlement

Customer:

ok fair. thank you sooo much

Brandon, Esq. :

However, they will try to argue that this has had an extreme effect on your life and has caused you daily panic attacks

Brandon, Esq. :

they will likely ask for 30k

Brandon, Esq. :

but do not be surprised if they tell you to settle for 5

Customer:

awesome

Brandon, Esq. :

Have I fully answered your question today?

Customer:

yep this is an awesome site. thanks

Brandon, Esq. :

Not a problem. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Brandon, Esq. :

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Customer:

you too

Brandon, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.