Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was injured in a motor vehicle collision, result was a slap

I was injured in a motor vehicle collision, result was a slap tear. Total medical is $75,000 (including surgery to fix the tear, ended up being a bicep tenedisis vs tenotomy). I am in PT now, but have to either settle or sue due to statute of limitations in my state. With the cost of PT, there will be a total of approximately $87,000 in medical. I asked for $170,000 in pain, suffering and inconvenience, the insurance company (USAA) came back and said that since I was asking way too much, we are at an impass. What is a reasonable settlement for this (I do not work so have not lost income)?

Infolawyer :

Infolawyer :

Based on the medical, settlements often come around $200 taking into account pain and suffering

Infolawyer :

Keep in mind the specific facts of the case affect settlement but that is a reasonable general estimate to seek.

Infolawyer :

wishing you the best.

Infolawyer :

Is the answer acceptable?

Customer:

Is that a total (medical, pain, suffering, etc) or just Pain and suffering? Thank you for your help!

Infolawyer :

It is a total reasonable settlement. You may of course begin negotiations and demand higher, say at $350,000

Infolawyer :

I wish you the best.

Infolawyer :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Customer:

That is what I was figuring for a fall back position. Thank you for confirming my estimate!