Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have a contract with a construction company to replace my

I have a contract with a construction company to replace my roof. He is licensed, bonded and insured. He wants to bring in a roofing crew that is not on his payroll. Will these people be covered under his policy or do I need to require proof of insurance from the roofing crew? I have been unsuccessful in reaching his insurance company to question them. Already had one of the payroll guys fall off the roof into a bush, but wasnt hurt. Want to make sure the proper insurance is in place.

Roger :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Roger :

The owner generally isn't liable for the injuries to a subcontractor on the premises so long as the property owner does not control the operative details of how the sub-contractor does his work, and so long as the property owner warns the contractor of known dangers he will encounter.

Roger :

So, there is some risk IF it is alleged that you caused the dangerous condition. Thus, the best thing to do is to have any subcontractor obtain additional insurance naming the general contractor and you (owner) as an additional insured.