Tina, Attorney
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
4460311

I Just found out that the house I rented last year had a radon

I Just found out that the house I rented last year had a radon problem. The EPA recommended max level in residential areas is 4 and this house just sold and was inspected with a radon level of 11. I was pregnant the entire time I lived there. I have researched and there are some pretty serious potential health problems for babies exposed in utero. The house previously sold in 2007... i dont know what the radon level was when they inspected then, and I looked it up and there is no legal responsibility in the state of colorado for landlords to test for radon - but I am wondering if there is any recourse if they knew and did not disclose?
Hello and welcome,

Yes, if there was a dangerous condition which the landlord knew about and did not disclose it to the tenant, the landlord may typically be held liable for injuries to the tenant. Here is a link to the CO bar's website which discusses this issue (Under the heading "Dangerous Conditions"):

http://www.cobar.org/index.cfm/ID/1723/subID/6239/Landlord-Tenant-Rights,-and-Obligations-of-Tenants/

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.