Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

On Jan 09 I had right inguninal hernia mesh surgery. And to

On Jan 09 I had right inguninal hernia mesh surgery. And to this day i live in pain daily. It has effected eveything I do with my kids and work. I went back to Dr that did this and he tells me oh its ok. Go see uro Dr why?. Ive read thosands of other patients that are dealing with same issue. I am seeing a Dr for anxiety. please give me some ideas.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties:

Response: I am not sure why your surgeon is telling you to go and see a Urologist instead of having you come in for physical examination and then order ultrasound to see what is going on. One of the complications with a mesh is that the mesh can get tangled and cause pain. If ultrasound shows that mesh is tangled, then the surgeon needs to go back and fix it.

So, you have two options. You can demand to get an appointment to see your current surgeon for physical examination and during the examination demand for ultrasound, or you may go to another surgeon for physical examination and ask the surgeon to order ultrasound to see what is going on. If it is found that your previous surgeon botched the surgery, or did not exercise due care during the surgery, you would have a claim against the doctor for medical malpractice. You may at the time use the following sites to find local Attorney who handles medical malpractice cases to assist you:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com