Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

I had surgery 2/7/13 which resulted in a bad outcome causing

I had surgery 2/7/13 which resulted in a bad outcome causing me to be readmitted to the hospital from 3/6/13 to 5/16/13 and 8/26/13 to 9/6/13. i will have surgery 9/24/13 to repair the damage done from the 2/7/13 surgery. Is this a mal practice case.
Hello and thank you for your question. To be malpractice, the surgeon must have done something "below the standard of care" for surgeons of his type. So, the mere fact that there was a bad outcome would not be enough, however, if the surgeon did something wrong while engaging in your surgery, that would be sufficient. When you go in to repair the damage, make sure to ask whatever doctors you speak to if they think the original surgeon did anything wrong, or if what happened was a foreseeable or unforeseeable result of the surgery.

Then, if they believe this to be the case, contact a malpractice attorney in your area who will be more than happy to get involved if a doctor is willing to state the original surgeon did something wrong. If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.