Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.

Hello - so Im not sure who to ask this question too. but

Hello - so I'm not sure who to ask this question too. but maybe you can answer or point me in the right directions.

I am starting a dog walking business with my girlfriend. She will be driving a car we are leasing for the business in my name. We are very small, we have 3 clients, might get up to six by the end of the year. My girlfriend would drive from house to house walking the dogs. No transportation of the dogs at this point.

Do I need special business insurance or is private insurance going to cover these relative small daily trips?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

By 'small daily trips', you mean walking trips or driving trips? My answer may differ in this case, please advise!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dimitry - I mean driving to a clients house to walk their dog.

Thank you for your follow-up.

Likely no special insurance is needed. That is considered to be general travel and your vehicle insurance would cover it. But if you start transporting employees full-time or transporting pets, then you might need to look into commercial driver's insurance, since it would be a business venture. As it stands now, that is not really a requirement.

Good luck.